[muglo] Inatalling Windows XP on MacBook Pro w/Mac OS 10.6.4

  • From: Bob McDaniel <rmcdaniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Muglo <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 21:08:51 -0400

I am working my way through this procedure using Boot Camp Assistant. I'm in
Step 1 where I create a partition for  Windows XP and have got a message that

"The disk cannot be partitioned because some files cannot be moved. Back up the
disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant
again."

I have never partitioned my MacBook Pro.

My disk is backed up by Time Machine/Time Capsule so I have launched "Disk
Utility". I'm uncertain how to use Disk Utility. Do I erase first, then
partition, or does partitioning simultaneously erase?

If anyone has gone through this experience, I'd appreciate any hints/advice on
what to watch for.

Bob