[muglo] Improper Device Removal error dialogue

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:21:34 -0400

The last several days (since the last Apple update? - not sure) I have
been getting random Improper device removal errors and my cd-rom icon
disappears from the desktop.  I find that I have to reboot the computer
in order to get the drive to function.

Has any one else experienced this? if so Ii there a preference file or
something similar that is corrupted?  If yes which is the likely
culprit's name and where is it located? If no what could be causing the
problem?

I've tried searching generally for 'OS X device removal error dialogue'
or variations on that theeme but have found nothing.

Martin