[muglo] Re: Fan Problem

  • From: Douglas Plumley <dplumley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 17:13:50 -0400

I used SMC Fan Control up until about 4 months ago, when I found out
about Fan Control, which can be found here:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/23137

I have found Fan Control to be quite good. However, there are certain
things that will cause my fans to go to top speed: certain flash-
filled websites as well as a process called "mdsworker", which can be
seen (and stopped) using Activity Monitor (Applications => Utilities).

For Flash problems, I use (now, finally) Click to Flash, which has
been great. Click to Flash can be found here:

http://github.com/rentzsch/clicktoflash/tree/master