[muglo] FW: Sharing Internet Connection

  • From: Bob McDaniel <mcdaniel@xxxxxx>
  • To: Muglo <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 22:49:10 -0800

. So now I can get back to my MacBook Pro.

Well, I spent some time this afternoon working with Sympatico tech support,
but I am no closer to getting Airport to recognize my modem/router
(Speedstream 6520). The tech support guy reported that he did not have the
specs for Leopard and was doing his best with Tiger. He tried to remotely
configure the 6520 but was not able to get into it.

He apologetically gave up with the suggestion that I call Apple support. He
thinks that if I give them all my Sympatico info (username, password, etc.)
that they should be able to walk me through the configuration.

Well, so much for plug and play! Is there anyone who has had experience
successfully configuring Leopard and Airport to connect to the Internet on a
MacBook Pro? (Ideally with a 6520.)

I consulted a Leopard manual but it simply went through the "best case"
scenario where MacBook Pro automatically recognized a network, and there was
no problem. No mention was made of my situation where, using "Network" from
"System Preferences", no network is found to connect to!! I'm clearly
missing a key step in this quest.

Bob