[muglo] Re: Events in iPhoto

  • From: Frank <fbirch@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 20:41:59 -0400

Documents/pictures/events folder

Under pictures we have a folder for each year  and within each year many
folders which are named for the event/trip/occasion .. Whatever describes  the
contents the best

Then when you import the folder into iPhoto you can set your event to
correspond with the folder.

If you have to goto time machine to get a photo then you can follow the
Documents/pictures/ name of the folder / picture.

It may sound tedious but it is much better than try to find a picture a few
years hence or try to recover your entire iPhoto library.

Also if your photos are very  important. I would keep another backup other than
time machine.  Do it daily, weekly or monthly whatever time window you can
afford to loose data.

At some time the disk will fail. If it has a gentle death spiral then, if you
notice the symptoms , you can get you "stuff" off the failing drive. If not
then your backup become your only source to recover.

Hope this helps

Regards

🚶