[muglo] Re: Ethernet hub setup in X

  • From: Alex <admeddemda@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 00:15:55 -0400

hmm. I am having some problems figuring out which are straight thru
cables and which are crossover. The straightthru... arent these the
ones where the colors line up end to end? Many colors, but lined up
the same across both connector ends....
And crosssover, just the colors jumbled....

seems pretty easy, but I have 6 cables here and they all seem to be
straighthru, or?

Anyone know what the cable provided by rogers and/or bell is?
straightthru or cross?
Maybe then I can compare.

thanks for the advice so far. Seems tho my hub is noname... I thought
it was dlink, but its not. All it has on it is a Vtech sticker, and
"made in taiwan"... AFAIK, vtech doesnt make hubs... at least i
coulnt find any hubs on their site.