[muglo] Do you still have my old address? (virus question)

  • From: doug rogers <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 11:52:32 -0400

Hi. This is being sent to all the addresses in my address book.

My old address 'samu@xxxxxxxxxx' continues to be used for transmission of
Viruses. It *may* yet be possible that someone still has that address in
their address book, and also has a Virus which is being spread.

Most viruses trapped in my ISP's VirusGuard filter are sourced from
overseas, Italy, mostly, but many are being returned from local
businesses, and Ontario business, to the 'samu' address.

I am asking again that you check that 1) my old address no longer exists
in your address books, and 2) that you be certain that your system is
clean of viruses.

Yes, Mac users, Microsoft email products *can* transmit PC viruses,
though they do not affect your Mac OS. They might be a .vcf or .exe
attachment.

Removing my address ensures that it will no longer be used to spread
viruses (which I would certainly favour), but won't stop the virus from
using other addresses. PC users, please keep your Virus protection
utility up to date.