[muglo] Re: Desktop Pictures ++

  • From: malbinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 15:25:03 -0500

"Eric D." wrote:

> PICT is no longer a preferred format (hasn't been for years). It's a legacy
> format now only supported because it was the dominant Apple picture format
> for years. JPEG, TIFF or even GIF are by far the better choice for graphics
> on the Mac!

Well I must have all corrupted JPEGs then because none of them work! I
transferred
copies of the 8.6 desktop pictures from a system disk that is working to the
7200
and they still don't work.  At one point they did not show up in the File Open
dialogue - folder names but no files!

> As for the Desktop Picture preferences -- if your picture did work before
> and not now it means that a file was corrupted. I highly doubt it was a
> virus (there simply aren't that many Mac ones out there).

I don't suspect a virus either. Is it possibe that something in the Finder
itself
that is corrupt?

> Run Apple's Disk First Aid (Utilities folder) and see what it says. It may
> find some odd-ball quirk. You could also try running Tech Tool Lite (a free
> download from <http://www.download.com>). If you have Norton Utilities run
> Disk Doctor and it should catch any corrupt files.

I've run Tech Tools Pro, Norton and Disk First Aid - all checks out OK.

Martin A.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>