[muglo] Re: Desktop Pictures ++

  • From: malbinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 07:41:33 -0500

Wouldn't you know it. Just after reading this little bit on the desktop picture
mine does the same on the 7200 running OS 8.6. Like you Paul I have a couple of
picture that will work and most won't!!  The only change that was made to the
computer was that my son updated Quicktime to version 5.

Here' is a work around I've found seems to work. Convert the picture you want
into
PICT format (that'
s the Apple preferred picture format. I think I used MacLink Plus to do it. My
picture is now working. I tried deleting preference files both "Appearance" and
"Destop Pictures" , installed a clean copy of the control panel etc but it did
not
seem to work. The abovce did. Gicve it a try. If you don't have ML+ try Graphic
Converter most any version should so the job.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>