[muglo] CPU/Monitor Sudden Konk-Out

  • From: Leith Peterson <lpeterso@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:01:04 -0400

I have a Power Mac 7300/200 with an AppleVision Monitor 1710, using
8.6.  I also use an APC UPS Backups system.  I have had a strange
problem of late where the cpu/monitor suddenly konks out for no
apparent reason.  This has happened three times.  The first time I
was on the net.  The following two times I have been transferring
files to my floppy drive.  Suddenly the cpu/monitor konks out.  There
is no storm, no sudden power surge that I am aware of.  The power
lights on both the cpu and the monitor go out.  Normally with a UPS
system, the battery would keep the system on, but not in this case.
I press the power button, and the machine starts back up and appears
to be normal.

The UPS (unlimited power supply) system appears to be in good order;
if it weren't, e.g. low battery, there are usually warning beeps,
etc.  The battery is relatively new.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?  Pls advise.  Thanks.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>