[muglo] Re: CBC Radio One Audio Clip

  • From: doug rogers <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:52:56 -0400

On 28-Oct-05, at 12:41 PM, Biti wrote:

> Hello Leith,
>
> On Oct 28, 2005, at 12:15 PM, Leith Peterson wrote:
>

>> I heard a really interesting show on CBC Radio One's Ontario Today
>> yesterday and wanted to hear the audio clip again.
>>
>> The downloaded clip has a .ram extension.
>>

> .ram files are a RealAudio format, that requires a Real Audio browser
> plug-in. It is a commercial product:
> http://www.real.com/player/?src=realaudio

There should be a free version of the Real Audio Player on Real Audio
site. You could also look up an app called LineIn which will capture
any audio playing  through the Mac and you can then save it as a
quicktime clip (or whatever). Also  Ambrosia Software has a few free
utilities which can capture Audio and Video.