[muglo] Burning CDs

  • From: Paul Thomas <paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO List <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 17:02:51 -0400

I have just tried burning a CD with dubious results!!  One finished up
with nothing on it and the other two folders with their contents!   I
am using OS X (10.3)

I tried to make a copy of some files onto a CD-R disc.  I dragged a
couple of folders onto the CD Icon.  When I opened the Disc Icon the
two folders were there.  When I tried to eject the disc, I was asked if
I wanted to burn it.  Does this mean that when I copied the folders
onto the CD, they are not actually there until they are burnt?   I
finally did this and they seemed to be there.  They only occupied a
small part of the CD.  When I tried to add more files I got a message
to say the CD could not be modified?  Does this mean that a Cd can only
be burnt once?  In other words files cannot be added later?  I was
hoping to use it for backup purposes?  To do this can one use CD-RW
discs or just use a new disc each time?   As I say this is my first
attempt and hence the questions - the Mac Help didn't really help that
much!

Paul