[muglo] Re: B&W or PC?

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:24:27 -0400

Eric D. wrote:

> Finally, after how many years are they getting the message that convergence
> is not always a good thing! (which is why I will never use AppleWorks or
> Microsoft Works)

These types of programs (especially AW) have a long history
starting I believe with /// Easy Pieces.  I love AW 5 (for the
Apple ][) CW4 (can't talk about CW5) and AW6. Each have had their
strengths. I am not a word processing maniac, I am not a
spreadsheet maniac, I am not a database maniac - so why do I need
all the bloated bells and whistles when a nicely thought out
package can do more than 90% of what I need.

As an example (not that it is a good one) our business uses a MS
Access solution. Fortunately I had a bit of influence at the very
beginning. Everyone in my organization uses it except me. I use
AW6 database - a bit cumbersome at times but I save sooo much
time in not having to retype addresses etc. etc. for reports
because of the integration. Like you keep saying it just works!

AW is a good thing!!