[muglo] Re: B&W or PC?

  • From: "Alex" <admeddemda@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 17:06:48 -0400

On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:29:20 -0400, "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
said:

> on 9/4/03 12:51 AM, Alex at admeddemda@xxxxxx wrote:
>
> > wait wait.. here again i am talking about classic OS.. not X... X (I
> > remind myself) is horrid... while you can delete stuff via the trash, you
> > leave files hanging around unless you know how to remove them... they
> > dont cause any trouble, but sometimes can be personal stuff. (esp on a
> > shared mac)... need to learn X/UNIX to figure out how to trash them.
>
> Me don't understand? Leaving files around after you delete them via
> trash?

I meant... in cleaning up my powertowerpro system to get it ready for
someone else to use.. I tried to trash all my personal files out of X (bc
an X reinstall on the PTP would be horrid, removing hardware, switching
scsi busses, etc). Only to find tons of personal stuff left on there... i
think... but i dont know... see... bc i dont know where stuff like that
hides in x... like prefs in 9.. wheres prefs in x? i can easily make a
9os never look like ive used it w/o a reinstall... but i cant do the same
for X cuz i dont know how...

And one big thing about PC's that is fun... warez... tons of it... wheres
the warez for mac? I still dont know.