[muglo] B&W or PC?

  • From: "Alex" <admeddemda@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 15:33:46 -0500

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 13:05:54 -0400, "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
said:

> The reason I'd pick the B&W as the first reasonably future-proof OS X Mac
> as
> opposed to the Beige is that the B&W comes with a whole slew of things
> that
> make it a modern computer that would require add-on PCI cards (taking up
> expansion slots) in a Beige:

I thought I'd finally decided to buy a B&W, but, over the weekend I think
I may have changed my mind. I built a pc out of parts donated by my
brother and found during dumpster dives. It is a 550mhz tower, 10/100
ethernet, usb, agp video, and it is _fast_ compared to any mac I've ever
used. Especially any mac running slow OSX.

So... now I am thinking... here is this _free_ 550mhz pc sitting here
(ok, it did cost me $29 for a new 52x cdrom, the other 2 dumpster finds
were toast), with an OS as foreign to me as OSX, and I'm thinking of
dropping ~$800 on a B&W (with serial solution and cdrw).

Now I am thinking that WINME/XP is just about as easy to learn the guts
of as OSX will be. And OSX is slow, slow, slow compared to this pc. Why
have a sluggish internet experience with X, when a free pc is so much
faster...

Never thought I'd be a happy pc user... until OSX that is.