[muglo] Re: Appleworks in 10.6?

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 21:20:52 -0400

I still use AW 6 in Snow, version 6.2.9 is the last now ancient version.  For
the most part it works OK although at times there are issues - one reason for
keeping my old Cube.  I think Wayne mentioned its simplicity which is what I
still love and its mergable flat file database.  While I use the wp I must
admit that I use it less now for db and spreadsheet using FileMaker Pro
instead.  Generally I create a my own new 'app for that' as my requirements
tend to be more data management.

i haven't tried Pages or Numbers but for my limited sp work Numbers is likely
over kill but less so than Excel and I'll likely migrate my remaining sheets to
it one of these days.

Martin