[muglo] Apple store experience.

  • From: Edward Medzon <emedzon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 15:22:11 -0400

The day Steve died I was in Montreal. It was early in the day so no one knew
yet. I went to the Apple store on St. Catherines St. to ask a question and pick
up some software. The question was answered on the first floor, but the
software was on the second floor 20 steps up. I went up, found the package, and
then tried to pay for it. The "geniuses" pointed out a counter with a line at
which I waited for ten minute for my turn. When I stepped up I was asked in
French if I was buying something. I replied in the affirmative, and was
abruptly told to go to another station. I went in the direction pointed and was
told that a desk in the middle would be my goal. I waited for another 5 minutes
and when I asked if the "genius" if he would take my money. He refused and
pointed me back to the other counter. I took the software, put it back, on the
shelf and walked out. It's too bad Steve died that day. I would have called him
and told him to train his geniuses that part of the job is to actually take in
some money.
Ted Medzon