[muglo] Adobe oddity

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 13:46:00 -0400

Might anyone have any idea why InDesign won't me (a) open, review and close an
existing file with no further action, or (b) open, modify and close one after
simply saving the modification?

In either case it throws up an error message saying "File xx already exists. Do
you want to replace it? A file or folder with the same name qlready exists in
the folder yy. Replacing it will overwrite its current contents." The choices
then are to cancel or replace.

What is the point of saying that a file I already have open in front of me
"already exists"? Of course it already exists; I'm looking at it — and trying
to close it or to save it and then close it.

There has to be some way to alter this behaviour, but I'll be hanged if I can
find it. I've been all through the preferences options, and hunted through
Adobe's forums without finding any reference to it.