[muglo] Re: AEBS or Time Capsule

  • From: Frank Birch <fbirch@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:56:12 -0400

Good info.
Of course if we all want to spend big bucks for iCloud space and GBs to our
ISPs we could just turn on the iCloud for every thing and pray Apple does not
loose it.

 All we really need to backup are those items we cannot replace. We can rebuild
OSX and any utilities. It's only our "own" data that really counts.

We make a choice based on the funds we have for h/w and s/w plus the ISPs .
Balance that with what we think the data is worth. (not in $) and move on.
I protect my photographs 300%, everything else to some lesser degree.

Remember Murphy when you write your backup plan and schedule.

Good discussion everyone. Raising awareness and exchanging ideas is what counts.

On a side note, there will be a shortage of hard drives in the near future if
not now. Bothe the WD and Seggate mfg plans are flooded and out of
business..... So the romour our goes.

Regards Frank