[muglo] Re: 2 questions

  • From: Chris Hannon <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 13:38:54 -0400

Hi Theresa,
One thing you should do is rebuild your Entourage database. A large database
with lots of messages and attachments and calendar events and contacts to keep
track of can cause severe slowing-down of Entourage's responsiveness. See the
instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/268322
Hope that helps a bit.

You also want to make sure that your Startup Disk is set to "Macintosh HD
(10.x)" [or whatever your main hard drive in your Mac is called, with the OS X
version in parentheses] and NOT Network.

How much RAM have you got in your Mac? If you can let me know what model it is,
I may have some extra sticks floating around here somewhere that you could pop
in there.

Chris