[mswindowsxp] Re: Subject: Synchronize

  • From: Mike Piontkowski <citrixpro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:38:50 -0800 (PST)

> Msg: #1 in digest
> Subject: [mswindowsxp] Synchronize
> Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 14:55:30 -0500
> From: "Jeff Stockard" <JStockard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> Does anyone know how to turn off the way that
> Windows XP Pro keeps
> disconnecting my network drives.  I hate having to
> synchronize every
> time I want to look for a file.
> Thank you,
> Jeff
> Jesus Loves You

DISABLING AUTODISCONNECT

Windows NT uses two different autodisconnect
parameters: one for disconnecting RAS connections and
another for disconnecting LAN connections. The RAS
Autodisconnect parameter is well-documented in the
Windows NT Server Remote Access Service Manual, but
the LAN version is undocumented. You can find the LAN
Autodisconnect parameter in the Registry at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters

The autodisconnect function disconnects idle sessions
after a set number of minutes. You can set the number
of minutes at a command prompt using the Net Config
Server command.

For example, to set the autodisconnect value to 30
minutes: Net Config Server /autodisconnect:30. The
valid value range of this REG_DWORD value is -1 to
65535 minutes at the command line. To disable
autodisconnect, set it to: -1.

Setting autodisconnect to 0 doesn't turn it off and
results in very fast disconnects-within a few seconds
of idle time. (However, the RAS autodisconnect
parameter turns off if you set it to a value of 0.)

It's preferable to modify the LAN autodisconnect
directly in the Registry. If you modify autodisconnect
at the command line, Windows NT might turn off its
autotuning functions. The valid value range, if you
edit the LAN autodisconnect parameter in the Registry,
is 0 to 4294967295 (Oxffffffff).

If you configure the autodisconnect option to -1 at
the command prompt, autodisconnect is set to the upper
value in the Registry. This is approximately 8171
years, which should be long enough to be the
equivalent of turning autodisconnect off.

Hope this helps.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/