[mswindowsxp] OT (SOLVED) Windows XP home on an NT 4 domain

For those interested, here is what I did to make it work (in my
environment YMMV).
I noticed that he could get through the Proxy server to the Internet by
typing DOMAINNAME\USERNAME in the user name field and PASSWORD in the
password field ( the only two line XP Home gives you for a login to a
network resource ).  So I created a User account on the Windows XP Home
PC, that was the same as his Domain account name.  Then I gave him the
same password as his Domain account password.  In account set up, I made
the XP Home PC ask for a login ( remove the check mark from enable Fast
login ( I don't remember the actual name of the field )).
When he logs on to his XP Home PC, he enters DOMAINNAME\USERNAME in the
user name field and PASSWORD in the password field, and the NT 4 domain
lets him use everything, just like he was a Domain member.
If you decide to use this in your network, every time a user changes
their password, they will have to change it in both places.
Hope this helps.
Jeff.
Jesus Loves You