[mswindowsxp] Logging into an NT 4 domain

I have a fiend who brought his Windows XP Home OS computer to work.
This company has an NT 4.0 domain controller.  All of the other users
are running Windows 98.=20
When the Windows 98 computers start up, you get a login prompt with the
three lines for Username, password and Domain. When the Windows XP Home
computer logs in, it does not even ask for a username or password.  He
can use all of the resources on the network and even share his printer.
Every time he opens Internet Explorer (or any other program that uses
the Internet), he gets a login prompt, that asks for his username and
password.  He has to put in domainname\username in the username line and
his password in the next line. I have tried to disable the fast login
thing, so it asks for a username and password, but I can not get it to
ask for a domain name. Does anyone know how to get the computer to ask
for it just the once at login, instead of retyping it every time he goes
to the Internet? Thank you, Jeff Stockard.
Jesus Loves You