[mso] Re: Out-of-control style names

Nice post, Dian.  Can you suggest a good Word book?  :)

What about books in print on actual paper?

Kathie
--
Katherine Driskell Felts
kdfconsulting
Bringing resources and results together(sm)
Sign Up for our email newsletter, KuDos Files (tm) on our website
www.kdfconsulting.com
507-444-0204
Toll free: 1-866-kdf-4-411


> From: "Dian Chapman" <dian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Organization: MouseTrax Computing Solutions
> Reply-To: mso@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:59:32 -0500
> To: <mso@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [mso] Re: Out-of-control style names
> 
> Glad it helped and sorry if I sound a little condescending today...don't
> mean to be, just under stress and very matter-o-fact.
> 
> As for being self-taught...so am I. What you need to do is...rather than
> hunt and peck around the program as 80% of folks generally do...go get a
> good book on Word and spent a few days away from the PC and just READ it.
> Break out the post-it and tag the pages that have info you didn't know about
> or don't understand. Then move to the PC and do a day/two of practice
> learning what you didn't know before.
> 
> In a week...you'll be much better trained.
> 
> That's how I've done it for years and I've become very proficient in dozens
> of programs/technologies/dev languages in a couple weeks. Of course, if I
> had a sponge brain like Greg...I'd actually REMEMBER everything I've ever
> read! ;-)
> 
> Check out this article:
> 
> www.mousetrax.com/styles.html
> 
> Dian D. Chapman
> Technical Consultant,
> Microsoft MVP & Instructor
> 
> Free Tutorials: www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
> Free Word Tips & Tricks eBook: www.mousetrax.com/books.html
> Learn VBA the easy way, thru video! www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: mso-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mso-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
> Of Beth Lee
> Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 9:39 AM
> To: mso@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [mso] Re: Out-of-control style names
> 
> Thanks for your answer.
> 
> As I'm sure you're aware, the problem with being self-taught is that you
> have a lousy teacher.
> 
> Your comments together with the Tips for Using Styles at the Microsoft
> website have also shown that I've been creating styles without
> differentiating between paragraph styles and character styles.  Thanks for
> the help.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Beth Lee
> Tallahasee, Florida
> 
> e-mail:  callibeth@xxxxxxxxxxx
> website:  mywebpages.comcast.net/callibeth
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: mso-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mso-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
> Of Dian Chapman
> Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 9:52 AM
> To: mso@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [mso] Re: Out-of-control style names
> 
> 
> That's because you're NOT clicking on the style and clicking MODIFY, but
> rather just piling on more and more formatting to the original paragraph
> style, manually.
> 
> This was a fix MS put in for folks who don't know how to use styles.
> Previously, they would do it that way and the styles would be lost. So they
> now pile on the additional formatting WITH the style and make a revised
> version of it. 1) So you don't lose the formatting you wanted...2) in the
> hopes you would ask this question and learn to do it properly.
> 
> Dian D. Chapman
> Technical Consultant,
> Microsoft MVP & Instructor
> 
> 
> 
> *************************************************************
> You are receiving this mail because you subscribed to mso@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or
> MicrosoftOffice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> To send mail to the group, simply address it to mso@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> To Unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> mso-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word "unsubscribe" (without the quotes)
> in the subject line.
> 
> Or, visit the group's homepage and use the dropdown menu.  This will also
> allow you to change your email settings to digest or vacation (no mail).
> http://www.freelists.org/webpage/mso
> 
> To be able to use the files section for sharing files with the group, send a
> request to mso-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and you will be sent an invitation
> with instructions.  Once you are a member of the files group, you can go
> here to upload/download files:
> http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/msofiles
> *************************************************************
> 
> *************************************************************
> You are receiving this mail because you subscribed to mso@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or
> MicrosoftOffice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> To send mail to the group, simply address it to mso@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> To Unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
> mso-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word "unsubscribe" (without the quotes) in
> the subject line.
> 
> Or, visit the group's homepage and use the dropdown menu.  This will also
> allow you to change your email settings to digest or vacation (no mail).
> http://www.freelists.org/webpage/mso
> 
> To be able to use the files section for sharing files with the group, send a
> request to mso-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and you will be sent an invitation
> with instructions.  Once you are a member of the files group, you can go here
> to upload/download files:
> http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/msofiles
> *************************************************************
> 
> 

*************************************************************
You are receiving this mail because you subscribed to mso@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or 
MicrosoftOffice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To send mail to the group, simply address it to mso@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To Unsubscribe from this group, send an email to 
mso-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word "unsubscribe" (without the quotes) in 
the subject line.

Or, visit the group's homepage and use the dropdown menu.  This will also allow 
you to change your email settings to digest or vacation (no mail).
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/mso

To be able to use the files section for sharing files with the group, send a 
request to mso-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and you will be sent an invitation with 
instructions.  Once you are a member of the files group, you can go here to 
upload/download files:
http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/msofiles
*************************************************************

Other related posts: