[mountainmilers] Re: Play in a band?

  • From: Jen Harvey <caverrn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cactusjon@xxxxxxx" <cactusjon@xxxxxxx>, "mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 20:33:16 -0700 (PDT)

Now, I kinda watch this group from my far corner, since as soon as I joined the
list serve my knee acted up and hasn't quit, but I do have to respond to the
music thing!   We have a group, mostly of women (my husband sometimes plays
with us, as well as a couple of other guests here and there), that practices
most weeks for fun and for purpose, never for pay.   We have acoustic guitar
(plugged in for performances), keyboard, congas, flute, violin, and a host of
noisy stuff like kazoos, eukeleles, and a toy piano.   We play for Acker (both
the summer and winter version), and do a wide range of stuff.   That includes
covers of the Beatles, Bob Dylan, Norah Jones, Tom Petty, Over the Rhine,  and
more.   A lot of pop-rock, folk, and goofiness.    A few originals in both the
kid and adult genre.  We are doing a kids benefit concert in November so there
will be that kind of music, too.  At Christmas, we actually do a lot of
traditional Xmas
 music with a twist (such as "Shake it Up Santa, deck the halls" instead of
"shake it up baby, now, twist and shout").  We are completely non-professional
and amateur, but have a lot of fun.   Oh, and many of us run (although not at
the same time as making music).    We are especially looking for guitar help,
and a guy's singing voice would be really awesome, too.

If you are interested, let me know!
Our next practices consist a lot of more kid or family-oriented music, and they
are tomorrow (9/27) from 5:30p-8p and to be determined the following week.
In mid October we will start Xmas rock and such.

Jen Harvey
520-820-4992

________________________________
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 13:18:50 -0700
From: terri@xxxxxxxxxx
To: mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

So I’ve been missing singing in a band and I was wondering if there are any
Mountain Milers out there that play: guitar, keyboards, drums and/or bass
guitar, and would be interested in getting together once a week or so to jam?
No need to be good, just enthusiastic.  ;>

I mostly sing pop, but I am willing to learn other genres if that’s what other
people play.  (I am flexible, I just like to sing.)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled running….

.Terri