[mountainmilers] For those worried about the conditions in Groom Creek

  • From: Golfdood51@xxxxxxx
  • To: mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 20:12:41 -0400 (EDT)

Deb and I ran the dirt section  of Copper Basin (just finished an hour ago
in a downpour) and it was in great  shape.  Since only 2 miles of the Groom
Creek course is on dirt and it is  so hard packed there, I am confident it
will be in very good shape tomorrow  AM.

Got to the Sierra Prietta lookout and could see a major cell moving in
fast.  We were able to stay on the edge outrunning it for a couple miles  with
minor rain but eventually it merged and nailed us.

The lesson?
-You should not try to outrun a super cell.
-You should not try to beat mother nature.
-You should run with someone you don't care about that way you can turn  up
the speed when getting drenched and ditch 'em!

Ken out.