[mountainmilers] Re: FD Run - thnx for the help and thanks for running!

  • From: Len McGee <len@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Golfdood51@xxxxxxx" <Golfdood51@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 14:20:50 -0700

Thanks a lot Ken!
Great race and a ton of fun. Thank you very much to all the volunteers.
See everybody next weekend at Run for the Creeks!

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 15, 2011, at 1:02 PM, "Golfdood51@xxxxxxx" <Golfdood51@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

  We took some pics on Steve's camera after the race and we had a pretty
good sized group at the race today! I will have the results up tomorrow.
Many thnx to all that ran.

Huge thank you to the crew that volunteered!  Heidi, Rob, Cactus Jon and I
held down the finishers;

Stephanie was a big help before the race as was Wayne, Patricia and
Steve....

Jessica helped early and aimed people around Sunset Park then chased after a
woman headed down Plaza - maybe she wanted to get in a few games of bowling
before finishing?

Steve's neighbor Larry covered an aid station for us.  Larry is a cool guy.

Marlyn covered Highland/Middlebrook for us (and tried to help a woman that
missed the Highland/Copper basin turn too).

Cindy's family saved us on the other aid station (many thnx!) and a super
thanx to Tom Hahn for getting everyone safely through the central aid
station area on country Club/Highland/Coronado!

I hope I didn't miss any of the volunteers - Cactus Jon BTW was such a huge
help with timing and working with Frank Cuda, our timer and brother to
Christina Robertson...JON THANK YOU SO MUCH - including having a timing
back-up when Kai pushed the reset button on the large timer!  LOL.

I think Len Mcgee was the fastest MM'er in the 10K with Brooke close
behind and Dave "ZZ TOP" Zelman the fastest in the 5K!

Again, I will get times up tomorrow.  Cactus Jon: I will be at Groom Creek
tomorrow at 8AM!

Volunteers - I will make sure you get invited to ride the Fire Truck in the
Holiday parade (Dave told Patricia and Wayne that they were good to go and I
know Patricia was excited!).  Runners - I will make sure you and your
families get invited too.  They said they would run another truck into the
parade if we needed it.  We will need it!

Runners; Leroy, Deborah, Jane, Brenda, Patricia, Wayne, Steve-O, Len, Dave,
Maria, Tony, Eric, Kathy, Susan and Jim. Brooke, Brigette from the morning
group (Brigette - I have your finishers plaque)...hope I didn't miss any.

Thnx to all of you again.  Ken