Wednesday, July 22 Morning Prayer

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:15:25 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 07/19/09 09:41:54
Subject: Wednesday, 22 July 2009

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger
Intentions will be accepted again after his return.  Thanks much.  Keep us
In your prayers and know you're remembered in ours as well.

St. Mary Magdalene
Except for the mother of Jesus, few women are more honored in the Bible than
Mary Magdalene. Yet she could well be the patron of the slandered, since
There has been a persistent legend in the Church that she is the unnamed
Sinful woman who anointed the feet of Jesus in Luke 7:36-50. Most Scripture
Scholars today point out that there is no scriptural basis for confusing the
Two women. Mary Magdalene, that is, "of Magdala," was the one from whom
Christ cast out "seven demons" (Luke 8:2)-an indication, at the worst, of
Extreme demonic possession or, possibly, severe illness.  For more, follow
The link below:

On seeing it, the children of Israel asked one another, "What is this?" for
They did not know what it was. But Moses told them, "This is the bread which
The LORD has given you to eat." ~Exodus 16:1-5, 9-15

Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples, "I have seen the Lord,"
And then reported what he told her. ~John 20:1-2, 11-18

The children of Israel were complainers.  They complained when they had
Nothing to eat.  When God provided food for them, they complained because it
Was the same old thing day after day. Mary of Magadala, whom we celebrate
Today, was favored by God. She assisted Jesus and the Twelve out of her
Means, was there at the Crucifixion, and was first to be aware of Jesus'
Resurrection. As we marvel at her faith, we ask God to help us to be
Grateful and involved.

I pray that I may be grateful for all God gives me.  I pray that I may be
Involved in helping others out of my own means.

Pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families at
Home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the courage
And willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for those who
Have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the most. Have a
Good day!