Morning Prayer Friday, November 21

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ryanzer4439@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <mwrob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 08:22:20 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger

Subject: Friday, 21 November 2008

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger
In the way described at the bottom of each morning prayer.  I won't be able
To do this for you during our time in Italy.  If you'd like to send a
Message to Margie, DO NOT HIT REPLY AND SEND THIS MESSAGE.  That message
Will not reach Margie.  Her e-mail address is:  marge@xxxxxxxxxx

T O D A Y

Today we visit the Vatican Museum and Gallery, the Sistine Chapel, St.
Peter's Basilica, the Basilica of St. Mary Major, Saint John Lateran, and
The Scala Santa (the Holy Stairs from Pilate's Palace).  We celebrate Mass
Today at 3:15 p.m. In the Cappella Paolina at Saint Mary Major Basilica in
Rome. This evening, we enjoy a farewell dinner at Il Tinello Restaurant, the
Same restaurant where we ended our first Pilgrimage to Italy in 2003!

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
Forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
Day in 2009 ... From $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
Calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
Banner link from:  WWW.stpatz.Com

Feast of the Presentation of Mary
Mary's presentation was celebrated in Jerusalem in the sixth century. A
Church was built there in honor of this mystery. The Eastern Church was more
Interested in the feast, but it does appear in the West in the 11th century.
Although the feast at times disappeared from the calendar, in the 16th
Century it became a feast of the universal Church.  For more, follow the
Link below:

I took the small scroll from the angel's hand and swallowed it. In my mouth
It was like sweet honey, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour.
~Revelation 10:8-11

Jesus entered the temple area and proceeded to drive out those who were
Selling things, saying to them, "It is written, My house shall be a house of
Prayer, but you have made it a den of thieves." ~Luke 19:45-48

Today we celebrate the presentation of Marry, a feast of the universal
Church in the 16th century. It stresses that, from the beginning of her
Life, she was dedicated to God. She became a greater temple than any made by
Human hands. She bore our Savior, our Lord Jesus Christ. God set her apart
And made her holy, to carry out this beautiful mission. We too are called to
Be sanctified in order that we may share in God's saving work.

I pray that I may have a deep devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary.  I pray
That I may imitate her example as I strive to say "yes" to God, and to do
His work and His will.

Pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families at
Home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the courage
And willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for those who
Have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the most. Have a
Good day!