<MP>Tuesday, 16 June 2009

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John Francis Regis (1597-1640)
Born into a family of some wealth, John Francis was so impressed by his
Jesuit educators that he himself wished to enter the Society of Jesus. He
did so at age 18. Despite his rigorous academic schedule he spent many hours
in chapel, often to the dismay of fellow seminarians who were concerned
about his health. Following his ordination to the priesthood, he undertook
missionary work in various French towns. While the formal sermons of the day
tended toward the poetic, his discourses were plain. But they revealed the
fervor within him and attracted people of all classes. Father Regis
especially made himself available to the poor. Many mornings were spent in
the confessional or at the altar celebrating Mass; afternoons were reserved
for visits to prisons and hospitals.  For more, follow the link below:

For you know the gracious act of our Lord Jesus Christ, that for your sake
he became poor although he was rich, so that by his poverty you might become
rich. ~2 Corinthians 8:1-9

Jesus said to his disciples: "You have heard that it was said, You shall
love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I say to you, love your enemies
and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your
heavenly Father, for he makes his sun rise on the bad and the good, and
causes rain to fall on the just and the unjust. ~Matthew 5:43-48

Again today we hear of Jesus call for us to forgive.  Although it is not
easy, it is the only we ourselves can be free.  We can look at the example
of Jesus who even spoke from the cross, "Father, forgive them.  They do not
know what they are doing."

I pray that I may always hear Jesus' call.  I pray that I may allow the Lord
to help me be forgiving.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Fanny asks prayers for several intentions. Debbie requests prayers that her
daughter find employment. Marilynn requests prayers for a special intention.

Linda asks prayers for her son who has left the church. Mary asks for
prayers guiding her and for a favorable outcome as she has a critical job
interview. A mother asks for prayers for her son who has returned to school,
that he will have the strength to study and do well and not return to
drinking.