<MP>Tuesday, 13 July 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:55:10 -0500

   .=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0

  PENTECOST TOURS WILL HONOR THE EARLY SIGN-UP PRICE
            UNTIL TUESDAY, 13 JULY!
         PRICE GOES UP $100 AFTER THAT.
       If you're interested, CALL: 800 713-9800

This is a great full-featured Pilgrimage!  4 Star and 4 Star plus hotels,
full breakfast and dinner DAILY with TWO special nights with dinner and
Irish music (Bunratty Castle and the Abbey Pub in Dublin), TWO nights on the
Dingle Peninsula (National Geographic has called it the most beautiful spot
on earth, I absolutely *love* this place.), Bunratty Folk Park, St.
Patrick's Mountain, Knock, the Ring of Kerry, Blarney Castle and woolen
mills, the Burren, Blessed Matt Talbot's Church and Burial Site, the Gresham
Hotel in Dublin, right on O'Connell street.  Full-time Escort, guides,
luggage transfers from hotel to hotel and so much more.  Daily Mass and
rosary on the bus. The dollar is enjoying a great exchange rate with the
Euro at this time. Great companionship for couples or singles, traveling
with fun people who enjoy your Catholic faith and values ... great food and
inspiration to last a lifetime!

18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:
www.frpat.com

St. Henry (972-1024)
As German king and Holy Roman Emperor, Henry was a practical man of affairs.
He was energetic in consolidating his rule. He crushed rebellions and feuds.
On all sides he had to deal with drawn-out disputes so as to protect his
frontiers. This involved him in a number of battles, especially in the south
in Italy; he also helped Pope Benedict VIII quell disturbances in Rome.
Always his ultimate purpose was to establish a stable peace in Europe.
According to eleventh-century custom, Henry took advantage of his position
and appointed as bishops men loyal to him. In his case, however, he avoided
the pitfalls of this practice and actually fostered the reform of
ecclesiastical and monastic life.

For more, follow this link:

God upholds his city for ever. ~Psalm 48

For if the mighty deeds done in your midst had been done in Sodom, it would
have remained until this day. But I tell you, it will be more tolerable for
the land of Sodom on the day of judgment than for you." ~Matthew 11:20-24

None of us are perfect. All of us need to repent from time to time.  In
today's Gospel cities that refused to repent are not promised good things.
We can turn back to the Lord with all our hearts and receive forgiveness and
the strength to start anew ... living the lives God calls us to live.

I pray that I may not be proud.  I pray that I may be humble enough to
repent and turn back to God with all my heart.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A member asks prayers for all those traveling tomorrow that they have a safe
and smooth journey. Jill requests prayers for her husband who is waiting to
hear if he is offered his dream job and allow him to be home with his family
more. Margaret asks prayers for a special intention.

Irene asks prayers for a special intention. A member requests prayers for my
husband's 49 year old nephew who is in ICU with uncontrolled bleeding, that
they find the cause and are able to heal. A sister requests prayers for her
brother who needs strength and comfort to get through a tough situation.

Charlene asks prayers for several intentions. Gloria asks prayers for her
husband who has been diagnosed with cancer. Joseph asks prayers for a
special intention.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse