<MP>Tuesday, 06 July 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 19:36:19 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0

   ~~~ EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE ENDS AFTER 10 JULY ~~~
            PRICE GOES UP $100 AFTER THAT.

This is not a "stripped down" trip.  4 Star and 4 Star plus hotels, full
breakfast and dinner DAILY with TWO special nights with dinner and Irish
music (Bunratty Castle and the Abben Pub in Dublin), TWO nights on the
Dingle Peninsula (National Geographic has called it the most beautiful spot
on earth, I absolutely *love* this place.), Bunratty Folk Park, St.
Patrick's Mountain, Knock, the Ring of Kerry, Blarney Castle and woolen
mills, the Burren, Blessed Matt Talbot's Church and Burial Site, the Gresham
Hotel in Dublin, right on O'Connell street.  Full-time Escort, guides,
luggage transfers from hotel to hotel and so much more.  Daily Mass and
rosary on the bus. The dollar is enjoying a great exchange rate with the
Euro at this time. Great companionship for couples or singles, traveling
with fun people who enjoy your Catholic faith and values ... great food and
inspiration to last a lifetime!

18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:
www.frpat.com

St. Maria Goretti (1890-1902)
One of the largest crowds ever assembled for a
canonization-250,000-symbolized the reaction of millions touched by the
simple story of Maria Goretti. She was the daughter of a poor Italian tenant
farmer, had no chance to go to school, never learned to read or write. When
she made her First Communion not long before her death at age 12, she was
one of the larger and somewhat backward members of the class. On a hot
afternoon in July, Maria was sitting at the top of the stairs of her house,
mending a shirt. She was not quite 12 years old, but physically mature. A
cart stopped outside, and a neighbor, Alessandro, 18 years old, ran up the
stairs. He seized her and pulled her into a bedroom. She struggled and tried
to call for help. "No, God does not wish it," she cried out. "It is a sin.
You would go to hell for it." Alessandro began striking at her blindly with
a long dagger. She was taken to a hospital. Her last hours were marked by
the usual simple compassion of the good-concern about where her mother would
sleep, forgiveness of her murderer (she had been in fear of him, but did not
say anything lest she cause trouble to his family) and her devout welcoming
of Viaticum, her last Holy Communion. She died about 24 hours after the
attack.

For more, follow this link:

The house of Israel trusts in the Lord. ~Psalm 115

Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is abundant but the laborers are
few; so ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers for his harvest."
~Matthew 9:32-38

Jesus had pity on the crowds because they were troubled and abandoned, like
sheep without a shepherd. He turns to His disciples and asks them to ask the
master of the harvest to send out laborers for His harvest. We are those
laborers these days, and vocations to priesthood, diaconate and religious
life come from us and our families.  We are called to do the best we can to
respond and help others who are being called to do the same.

I pray that I may work in the Lord's harvest.  I pray that I may respond to
God's call and encourage others to do so as well.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Robert asks prayers for two special intentions. Mae is asking for prayers
for her granddaughter that she may leave the life style that she is leading
and come back to church and family. Bettye requests prayers for her family
to have a safe and healthy vacation together.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse