<MP>Thursday, 06 November 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 19:59:16 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R S    T O    I T A L Y
We'll remember you intentions in our prayers!

Fill out the on-line form and we'll remember your prayer intentions during
our Masses and in our daily prayers during our 10-22 November Pilgrimage to
Southern Italy, Rome and the Vatican.  Just follow the banner link from:
www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

St. Nicholas Tavelic and Companions (d. 1391)
Nicholas and his three companions are among the 158 Franciscans who have
been martyred in the Holy Land since the friars became custodians of the
shrines in 1335. Nicholas was born in 1340 to a wealthy and noble family in
Croatia. He joined the Franciscans and was sent with Deodat of Rodez to
preach in Bosnia. In 1384 they volunteered for the Holy Land missions and
were sent there. They looked after the holy places, cared for the Christian
pilgrims and studied Arabic.  For more, follow the link below:

But whatever gains I had, these I have come to consider a loss because of
Christ. More than that, I even consider everything as a loss because of the
supreme good of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. ~Philippians 3:3-8a

'Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you, in just
the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents
than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need of repentance. ~Luke
15:1-10

To know Christ as our Lord is the best! When we know that we lose interest
in judging and criticizing others.  We become involved in Christ's work,
gathering together all people and leading them in the way they should go.
We can rejoice as we find the "lost sheep" or "lost coin" knowing the joy
there will be in heaven over one sinner who repents!

I pray that I may know Christ as my Lord and my God.  I pray that I may join
in Christ's work of calling all people into His kingdom,  I pray that I may
repent where I need to and encourage others to do the same.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Carol asks that God Bless America with the graces to remain a God fearing
country. Karen asks for prayers for her mother who is in an assisted living
facility, that her insurance company will show her compassion and allow her
to stay there. Jane asks that we pray for a friend's teenage son who is in
critical condition following a car accident.

A member asks prayers for the newly elected, for God's guidance and safety
for them and their families. Nancy asks God's blessing as she undergoes a
medical test on Friday. A member requests prayers to make the right decision
regarding her cancer treatments.

Neil asks prayers for his niece that her Lupus will go into remission and
for his wife that she may experience relief from her constant pain. Marissa
asks prayers for a special intention. Lisa asks for prayers for her son who
needs a conversion of heart.