<MP>Sunday, 30 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 18:06:49 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
The Dollar vs. the Euro -  Good news for travelers ... the Euro is not at
about $1.25 compared with $1.60 on 31 December
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Gregory VII (1020-1085)
The tenth century and the first half of the eleventh were dark days for the
Church, partly because the papacy was the pawn of various Roman families. In
1049, things began to change when Pope Leo IX, a reformer, was elected. He
brought a young monk named Hildebrand to Rome as his counselor and special
representative on important missions. He was to become Gregory VII. Three
evils plagued the Church then: simony (the buying and selling of sacred
offices and things), the unlawful marriage of the clergy and lay investiture
(kings and nobles controlling the appointment of Church officials). To all
of these Hildebrand directed his reformer's attention, first as counselor to
the popes and later (1073-1085) as pope himself.

For more, follow this link:

When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no fountains
or springs of water; before the mountains were settled into place, before
the hills, I was brought forth; while as yet the earth and fields were not
made, nor the first clods of the world. Proverbs 8:22-31

Jesus said to his disciples: "I have much more to tell you, but you cannot
bear it now. But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to
all truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears,
and will declare to you the things that are coming. ~John 16:12-15

Today we celebrate the Solemnity of one of the greatest of mysteries, of the
Most Holy Trinity.  We know that God created us and the world we live in,
that he saved us through Jesus Christ, His Son, and that He strengthens us
through the power and wisdom of the Holy Spirit.  Although we may not be
able to understand this mystery fully, we participate in it with every cell
of our beings. May we be grateful and open to doing God's work.

I pray that I may appreciate the mystery of the Most Holy Trinity.  I pray
that I may participate in this mystery and be ready to receive God's power
to help me do His work and His will this day and this week.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Jo Ann requests prayers for special intentions for her son and his family.
JoAnne asks prayers for her son who is in deep depression and is suicidal.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse