<MP>Sunday, 09 November 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 18:47:54 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R S    T O    I T A L Y
We'll remember you intentions in our prayers!

Fill out the on-line form and we'll remember your prayer intentions during
our Masses and in our daily prayers during our 10-22 November Pilgrimage to
Southern Italy, Rome and the Vatican.  Just follow the banner link from:
www.frpat.com

O F F    T O    I T A L Y    T O M O R R O W
We leave for our Pilgrimage to Italy tomorrow, 10 November.  We'll keep you
and your intentions in our prayers. Individual prayer intentions will not be
included with Morning Prayer during these days, since Morning Prayer has
already been prepared.  It will be sent by Margie, our pastoral minister.
If you need to "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" during this time, please do so
in the way described at the bottom of each morning prayer.  I won't be able
to do this for you during our time in Italy.  If you'd like to send a
message to Margie, DO NOT HIT REPLY AND SEND THIS MESSAGE.  That message
will not reach Margie.  Her e-mail address is:  marge@xxxxxxxxxx

Dedication of St. John Lateran
Most Catholics think of St. Peter's as the pope's main church, but they are
wrong. St. John Lateran is the pope's church, the cathedral of the Diocese
of Rome where the Bishop of Rome presides. The first basilica on the site
was built in the fourth century when Constantine donated land he had
received from the wealthy Lateran family. That structure and its successors
suffered fire, earthquake and the ravages of war, but the Lateran remained
the church where popes were consecrated until the popes returned from
Avignon in the 14th century to find the church and the adjoining palace in
ruins.  For more, follow the link below:

Every month they shall bear fresh fruit, for they shall be watered by the
flow from the sanctuary. Their fruit shall serve for food, and their leaves
for medicine." ~Ezekiel 47:1-2, 8-9, 12

Brothers and sisters: You are God's building. According to the grace of God
given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is
building upon it. But each one must be careful how he builds upon it, for no
one can lay a foundation other than the one that is there, namely, Jesus
Christ. ~1 Corinthians 3:9c-11, 16-17

Jesus answered and said to them, "Destroy this temple and in three days I
will raise it up." The Jews said, "This temple has been under construction
for forty-six years, and you will raise it up in three days?" But he was
speaking about the temple of his Body. ~John 2:13-22

As we recall the Dedication of the St. John Lateran Basilica in Rome, we
hear Paul call the people of Corinth "God's building." We too are to
continue to build on the foundation laid by God. Jesus Christ is the one who
can show us the way to build.  He died and rose from the dead for us.  As he
was raised up in three days, he promises us the gift of eternal life as
well.

I pray that I may build on the foundation of Jesus and the apostles.  I pray
that I may trust in Jesus and look forward to the gift of everlasting life.