<MP>Saturday, 15 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 22:22:23 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P E N T E C O S T    N O V E N A
Starts TODAY, on Friday, 14 May!
A novena is made up of nine days of prayers for a special cause.  The Novena
in honor of the Holy Spirit is the most ancient of all Novenas.  It was the
first one ever prayed.  It recalls the period of nine days where Jesus sent
his apostles back to Jerusalem to await the coming of the Holy Spirit at
Pentecost. This wonderful Novena is addressed to the Holy Spirit and can be
a powerful way for us to prepare to receive the light, strength and courage
we need. So, let's pray this wonderful Novena, beginning on the Friday after
Ascension Thursday, this year on the 14th of May, even when, like this year
in the United States, the celebration of Holy Thursday is transferred to the
next Sunday.  Come Holy Spirit, Come!  Follow the banner link from:
www.frpat.com

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Isidore the Farmer (1070-1130)
Isidore has become the patron of farmers and rural communities. In
particular he is the patron of Madrid, Spain, and of the United States
National Rural Life Conference. When he was barely old enough to wield a
hoe, Isidore entered the service of John de Vergas, a wealthy landowner from
Madrid, and worked faithfully on his estate outside the city for the rest of
his life. He married a young woman as simple and upright as himself who also
became a saint-Maria de la Cabeza. They had one son, who died as a child.
Isidore had deep religious instincts. He rose early in the morning to go to
church and spent many a holiday devoutly visiting the churches of Madrid and
surrounding areas. All day long, as he walked behind the plow, he communed
with God. His devotion, one might say, became a problem, for his fellow
workers sometimes complained that he often showed up late because of
lingering in church too long.

For more, follow this link:

After his arrival he gave great assistance to those who had come to believe
through grace. He vigorously refuted the Jews in public, establishing from
the Scriptures that the Christ is Jesus. ~Acts 18:23-28

For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have come to
believe that I came from God. I came from the Father and have come into the
world. Now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father." John
16:23b-28

Jesus prepares to return to the Father. At the same time his disciples
continue to grow in strength and confidence.  Still, he promises them the
gift of the Holy Spirit, the consoler to help and embolden them.  We pray,
"Come Holy Spirit, Come!"

I pray that I may grow in my knowledge and love of God.  I pray that I may
know the oneness of Jesus and the Father.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Maryann asks prayers for two intentions. Rick asks prayers for a special
intention. Melva requests prayers for her son who needs to return to God and
make good life choices, large and small. Flor requests prayers for a special
intention.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse