<MP>Saturday, 08 November 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 16:58:21 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R S    T O    I T A L Y
We'll remember you intentions in our prayers!

Fill out the on-line form and we'll remember your prayer intentions during
our Masses and in our daily prayers during our 10-22 November Pilgrimage to
Southern Italy, Rome and the Vatican.  Just follow the banner link from:
www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

Blessed John Duns Scotus (c. 1266-1308)
A humble man, John Duns Scotus has been one of the most influential
Franciscans through the centuries. Born at Duns in the county of Berwick,
Scotland, John was descended from a wealthy farming family. In later years
he was identified as John Duns Scotus to indicate the land of his birth;
Scotia is the Latin name for Scotland. John received the habit of the Friars
Minor at Dumfries, where his uncle Elias Duns was superior. After novitiate
John studied at Oxford and Paris and was ordained in 1291. More studies in
Paris followed until 1297, when he returned to lecture at Oxford and
Cambridge. Four years later he returned to Paris to teach and complete the
requirements for the doctorate.  For more, follow the link below:

I know indeed how to live in humble circumstances; I know also how to live
with abundance. In every circumstance and in all things I have learned the
secret of being well fed and of going hungry, of living in abundance and of
being in need. ~Philippians 4:10-19

The person who is trustworthy in very small matters is also trustworthy in
great ones; and the person who is dishonest in very small matters is also
dishonest in great ones. ~Luke 16:9-15

Paul and his companions are very good at adapting themselves to different
people and circumstances. They are trustworthy in both small and large
matters. Their riches are not the riches of the world, but the riches that
come to them from God. We can learn from their example and live as God's
trusted servants as well.

I pray that I may be trustworthy in both small and large matters.  I pray
that I may not rely on the things of the world, but the eternal treasures
that come from God.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Isabel asks prayers for her only son's special intentions and success in his
school work. Marilyn asks prayers of thanksgiving that her Leukemia is in
remission. Debbie asks for prayers for her friend's father who has health
issues.

Karla asks prayers for a special intention. A member asks prayers for
herself in a time of struggle. Regina requests prayers for her sister who
was in a bad car accident in April, had surgery for a severely fractured
leg, and has to have surgery again (Friday) and has to also have a bone
graft.

Joyce asks prayers for a special intention. A mother asks for prayers for
her young son that he gives up drinking and returns to God.