<MP>Monday, 07 June 2010

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:
www.frpat.com Become a fan of: Ireland 2010 with Fr. Pat Umberger on
Facebook.

Servant of God Joseph Perez (1890-1928)
"The blood of martyrs is the seed of the Church," said Tertullian in the
third century. Joseph Perez carried on that tradition. Joseph was born in
Coroneo, Mexico, and joined the Franciscans when he was 17. Because of
Mexico's civil unrest at that time (the forces of Pancho Villa had crossed
into New Mexico on a raid the previous year), he was forced to take his
philosophy and theology studies in California. After ordination at Mission
Santa Barbara, he returned to Mexico and served at Jerecuaro from 1922 on.
The persecution under the presidency of Plutarco Calles (1924-28) forced
Joseph to wear various disguises as he traveled around to visit the
Catholics. In 1927 Church property was nationalized, Catholic schools were
closed, and foreign priests and nuns were deported.

Our help is from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. ~Psalm 121

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven. Blessed
are they who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for
they will inherit the land. ~Matthew 5:1-12

God is with us always, and He promises good things to us.  We can recall
that as we look at the Beatitudes Jesus gave to us. Our difficulties can
draw us near to God that we can receive more than we can even imagine.

I pray that I may know the Lord's presence with me always, particularly in
my difficulties.  I pray that I may receive and be grateful all the good
things the Lord wants me to have.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Jackie asks prayers for a special intention. Jayne asks prayers for six
special intentions. A member requests prayers for friend's beloved sister
that is embarking on relationship with potential spouse that it be blessed
if its deigned by God. A member requests prayers for her brother who got a
job after six months, and will be moving to a new state next week that the
transition will be smooth and he will get back on his feet soon.