<MP>Monday, 05 July 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 19:33:39 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0

   ~~~ EARLY SIGN-UP DEADLINE ENDS AFTER 10 JULY ~~~
            PRICE GOES UP $100 AFTER THAT.

This is not a "stripped down" trip.  4 Star and 4 Star plus hotels, full
breakfast and dinner DAILY with TWO special nights with dinner and Irish
music (Bunratty Castle and the Abben Pub in Dublin), TWO nights on the
Dingle Peninsula (National Geographic has called it the most beautiful spot
on earth, I absolutely *love* this place.), Bunratty Folk Park, St.
Patrick's Mountain, Knock, the Ring of Kerry, Blarney Castle and woolen
mills, the Burren, Blessed Matt Talbot's Church and Burial Site, the Gresham
Hotel in Dublin, right on O'Connell street.  Full-time Escort, guides,
luggage transfers from hotel to hotel and so much more.  Daily Mass and
rosary on the bus. The dollar is enjoying a great exchange rate with the
Euro at this time. Great companionship for couples or singles, traveling
with fun people who enjoy your Catholic faith and values ... great food and
inspiration to last a lifetime!

18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:
www.frpat.com

St. Anthony Zaccaria (1502-1539)
At the same time that Martin Luther was attacking abuses in the Church, a
reformation within the Church was already being attempted. Among the early
movers of the Counter-Reformation was Anthony Zaccaria. His mother became a
widow at 18 and devoted herself to the spiritual education of her son. He
received a medical doctorate at 22 and, while working among the poor of his
native Cremona in Italy, was attracted to the religious apostolate. He
renounced his rights to any future inheritance, worked as a catechist and
was ordained a priest at the age of 26. Called to Milan in a few years, he
laid the foundations of three religious congregations, one for men and one
for women, plus an association of married couples. Their aim was the reform
of the decadent society of their day, beginning with the clergy, religious
and lay people. Greatly inspired by St. Paul (his congregation is named the
Barnabites, after the companion of that saint), Anthony preached with great
vigor in church and street, conducted popular missions and was not ashamed
of doing public penance.

For more, follow this link:

The Lord is gracious and merciful. ~Psalm 145

She said to herself, "If only I can touch his cloak, I shall be cured."
Jesus turned around and saw her, and said,  "Courage, daughter!  Your faith
has saved you." And from that hour the woman was cured. ~Matthew 9:18-26

Jesus always wills to heal us.  We can draw close to Him in faith and have
confidence that He will be with us to comfort us, to give us strength and to
bring us healing!

I pray that I may draw near to the Lord who always wants to draw near to me.
I pray that I may have confidence that healing will come my way.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Matthew asks prayers for a special intention. Gerald asks prayers for a
special intention. Kate asks prayer for her sister who is having a baby. A
Grandma asks for healing of her two year-old grandaughter who has
developmental delays.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse