<MP>Friday, 20 July 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 22:11:55 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

T H A N K S
Thanks for your prayers for the members of our Priest Support Group that got
together Sunday evening-Wednesday of this week.  It was a grace-filled time,
as always.  But it's good to be back.  Know that I remembered you in my
daily prayers and in our daily Masses together!

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007

Early Sign-Up Deadline ends on 27 July.
Sign up now and save $100!
Eighteen are now signed up with more in the sign-up process.

Land only price (meet us in the Holy Land) is $1826.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS .

N E W    S U B S C R I B E R S
If you're a new subscriber to Morning Prayer, you're more than welcome.  For
your information this is the sixth Pilgrimage.  We began with Northern
Italy, Rome and the Vatican, then Ireland, then Poland and Prague, then
Lourdes, Fatima and Spain ... and now the Holy Land. It began as an
opportunity for Morning Prayer subscribers, parishioners and anybody
interested.  You're welcome, along with family members and friends!

T R A N S P O R T A T I O N - L A    C R O S S E  /  M I N N E A P O L I S
We're looking at a charter vehicle from La Crosse to the airport in
Minneapolis.  The cost should not be extreme.  I've been quotes $650 for a
van that will hold 14 people, and that's round-trip.

A number of folks have had worries about safety in the area we'll visit.
There have not been serious problems in that area, nor have there been
losses of life for quite some time. Any difficulties are usually in the West
Bank area.  We don't spend time there anyway.  Jericho is on the West Bank,
but even the brochure says that we "may" be able to visit there.  If there
is an area that is unsafe, we simply won't go there. If there should be
major difficulties, Pentecost Tours will cancel the trip and everyone will
receive a full refund. Gary, president of Pentecost Tours, says that most
Americans are not at all afraid to go to countries that are much more
dangerous.  He and Charlie, one of our frequent travelers, both say that
they see going to Israel as being much safer than going to Cincinnati.
Nothing at all against Cincinnati, but they both live nearby.  I am
personally not afraid to visit the places we'll visit.  My last trip to the
Holy Land was in 1978, when conditions were much more unstable.  It is
unlikely that things will ever be entirely peaceful in the Mideast.  The
choice then is whether to go ... or not to go at all.  I hope that helps at
least a little!

Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line. Another priest in our diocese is planning a similar
trip.  It's one day longer, but costs $1100 more. Gary, President of
Pentecost Tours, says their guides in the Holy Land are the best they have
anywhere.  Those of you who have been on previous trips already know of the
excellent guides and escorts we have had.

A C C O M O D A T I O N S    A N D    F O O D
We always stay in at least 4-Star Hotels.  All breakfasts and dinners are
included in the tour price.  And all breakfasts have hot entries as well.
They are typically large buffets with fresh fruits and juices, pastries,
breads, cheeses and cold meats, and generally egg dishes, hot breakfast
meats, sometimes omelets and pancakes as well.  It will depend on the
hotels, but breakfasts are always very good and filling.
We'll stay at only two Hotels this time, the Grand Court in Jerusalem (near
the old City) http://www.grandcourt.co.il/

and the Gai Beach Spa Hotel in Tiberias
http://www.gaibeachhotel.com, right on the Sea of Galilee.  It's beautiful!

As always full breakfast and dinner is included, along with luggage
transfer, admissions, transfers and much more.  We'll take care of tips
beforehand too, so you won't have to worry about tips after we get there!
We'll renew our Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, where Jesus was
Baptized by John. We'll renew our marriage vows and pray for any deceased
husbands and wives at Cana in Galilee where Jesus attended a wedding with
his Mother and turned water into wine. We'll take a boat ride on the Sea of
Galilee. We'll even have a chance to visit Masada and to swim in the Dead
Sea. We'll visit the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem too, and see the Dead Sea
Scrolls. You'll never read Scripture in the same way after this wonderful
Pilgrimage! Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

T R A N S F E R S ,    A D M I S S I O N S    A N D    T I P S

Transportation to and from the airport in the Holy Land is included, as well
as luggage transfer between hotels.  Once you turn over your suitcase it
will appear in front of your hotel room door.  If we're leaving on a
particular day, we just leave suitcases outside the doors of our rooms when
we go to breakfast and they're automatically put on the bus and will appear
again outside the door of the room of our new hotel.  Admission to all the
Sites advertised in the brochure are included.  Pentecost Tours will collect
tips before the trip.  I believe it adds up to $97.50 per person this time.
That includes tips to luggage handlers, food service (waiters), guides,
escorts and bus drivers.  It adds up to about $9 per person per day.  Once
in the Holy Land those tips will be taken care of for you.

F A M I L I A R    F A C E S    A N D    N E W

You'll find that our travelers are unbelievable friendly and faith-filled.
If you don't know anybody, you'll come home having made some life-long
friends!

S I N G L E    T R A V E L E R S

Our trips are very friendly to single travelers.  We've had lots over the
years.  There are some signed up for this trip already.  Pentecost Tours
cannot make guarantees, but will do all they can to find roommates for
single travelers wanting one.  Some singles prefer to stay in a room by
themselves.  The single supplement this time is $45 a night for the nights
we actually spend in the Holy Land.  I believe that's ten nights this time.

L A N D    O N L Y    P R I C E

Land only price is $1826 for this trip.  Occasionally folks want to get to
the destination by themselves.  Two travelers from India are considering
joining us in Israel. The land-only price does not include transportation to
and from Israel, but includes everything else.  Of course land-only
travelers would not pay airport departure taxes, etc. to Pentecost Tours,
but to the airline they use to get them to the Holy Land.  Contact Gary at
Pentecost Tours if you'd like to make land-only arrangements!

W H Y    I S    T H E    P R I C E    S O    L  O W ?

Another priest from our Diocese is leading a similar trip.  It costs $1000
more than ours.  Pentecost Tours does not quote a price until they negotiate
with hotels and airlines.  It's easy to quote a high price, knowing that a
company can do it for that.  It's much harder to be accurate.  This year we
negotiated in dollars, so the devaluation of the dollar as compared to the
Euro wont create a problem and an extra charge.  The price of accommodations
is locked in - in dollars. If you'd like to read comments from travelers on
former trips, just click here:
       http://frpat.com/pilgrims_comments.htm

Q U E S T I O N S ?

If you have questions that can be answered by Pentecost Tours, just call
them at:
   1 800 713-9800

If you have questions I can answer, e-mail me at frpat@xxxxxxxxxx
My personal cell phone number is: 608 769-4200

S I G N    U P    N O W !

Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up any time now, and
we expect this one to fill up quickly. It would be a great memory to be able
to say you signed up during Holy Week! Gary, from Pentecost Tours, says the
Holy Land has been their most popular destination!  And if you've never
taken a Pentecost Tour, you won't believe the quality, attention to detail,
and organization.  Coupled with the low price, it doesn't get any better
than this! The basic cost this year is $2499 from JFK Airport in New York or
$2599 from Minneapolis.  That's $300 less than last year's trip. Just follow
the link from:

       www.frpat.com

If you sign up, let me know right away so I can keep track of the numbers.
Many will sign up before the early sign-up deadline, so it's helpful for me
to give accurate information to anyone who contacts me.

We'll renew our Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, where Jesus was
Baptized by John.  We'll renew our marriage vows and pray for any deceased
husbands and wives at Cana in Galilee where Jesus attended a wedding with
his Mother and turned water into wine.  We'll take a boat ride on the Sea of
Galilee.  We'll even have a chance to visit Masada and to swim in the Dead
Sea. We'll visit the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem too, and see the Dead Sea
Scrolls.  You'll never read Scripture in the same way after this wonderful
Pilgrimage!

In this weekend's Scriptures we hear a great deal about John the Baptist.
He is the one who Baptized Jesus in the Jordan River.  We'll visit that holy
River and so many other holy sites.  We'll renew our own Baptism Vows in the
same river where John baptized Jesus himself!

Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com
If you think you may be joining us, let me know as soon as you can so I can
keep track of the group!

     From Father Pat Umberger

Then Jesus told his disciples, "If any want to become my followers, let them
deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."
~Matthew 16:24

..=:  M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

We can follow through with God's guidance as best we can.  We can leave the
results to him.  We can do this obediently and faithfully with no question
that if the working out of the guidance is left in God's hands, the results
will be all right.  We can believe that the guidance God gives us has
already been worked out by him to produce the required results according to
our case and in our circumstances. We can follow God's guidance according to
our conscience.  God has knowledge of our individual lives and characters,
our capabilities and weaknesses.

..=: P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may live according to the dictates of my conscience.  I pray
that I may leave the results to God.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site