[moneytalks] Re: problem installing update

  • From: Clarence Whaley <clarence.whaley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 07:54:40 -0600

Yes, and confession is good for the soul! <smile> The problem was on my hard drive and some corrupted sectors. All fixed and happy now. Thanks Pamela.

At 08:32 AM 2/27/2007 -0500, you wrote:
Clarence:

I don't know why this is happening for some.  I've seen it before.
Usually, you don't have to uninstall, but just download the latest
update and install by hand.  Yes, that's what I meant.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> clarence.whaley@xxxxxxxxxxx 02/26/07 09:43AM >>>
Pamela I'm not getting that error but rather a code 32 error that the
file is already in use.  Having to remove the program first to
install an update really isn't very practical and will intimidate
those who are not necessary geeky.  I've never seen this with your
software before.  Please explain why this time.  <smile>  This is a
licensed version.  I bet you mean you must uninstall if it is only a
beta and not a licensed version?  Thanks.

At 08:35 AM 2/26/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Remember that this update is not a Beta version.  If you were running
>the Beta version, you'll need to uninstall that first, then download
the
>released version.
>If that's not it, then Rob will have to look into it.
>

>Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
>American Printing House For The Blind
>1839 Frankfort Ave.
>Louisville, KY  40206
>
>PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>When I attempt to update Money Talks I get the following
>message.  Has anyone else had this problem, and if so what was your
>work around?
>
>Error
>C:\Program Files\aph\Money Talks\MT.exegraphic 280  An error occurred
>while trying to replace the existing file:
>DeleteFile failed; code 5.
>Access is denied.
>Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended),
>or Abort to cancel installation.
>
>At 02:49 PM 2/23/2007, you wrote:
> >Money Talks version 1.2.0.0 has been released. If you wish to
update
> >the new version, you can use the Check For Updates option on the
Help