[moneytalks] Re: Question and opnions on money talk

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 08:43:14 +1300

Hi Andrew and list:

Similar to Terrie and others I'm sure, I've always just given my instructions to the bank teller, except in some very rare circumstances. The process works as well in New Zealand as it did in the US.

In New Zealand, writing cheques is a bigger pain because no bank allows nor will even consider offering raised line cheques in my experience. Having said that, I don't find this to be as big a problem because we can do direct depositing is an easy way for me to pay anyone I need to. Equally, I can give anyone my account number in order to receive any money owed me by the same method.

Cheers,
Dave