[moneytalks] Re: More Ideas

  • From: "Robert DeYoung" <deyoungr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 06:06:18 -0500

Hello,
Yes I vote in favor of adding to what can be done with categories and column
matching summaries.  These seem like nice features so far.  Unless I have
missed something, I do not think I can not do what I want at this point with
Moneytalks.

I want to organize my transactions into there categories and sub-categories.  I
would like to record the sub-totals in each area for my own budgeting purposes.
 I also want to report these numbers to a tax preparation person for purposes
of an itemized tax return.  It would be very helpful if I could export a
summary report into a word file where I could manipulate and print from there.
Another option would be to be able to highlight the sums and then cut and paste
them into a file in another program.

If someone already knows how to do this, please let me know.
Robert

>>> "Robert Clark" <rclark0276@xxxxxxxxxxx> 2/23/2007 5:19 PM >>>
For the next beta, some ideas.

    This is really minor but here it is.  When entering dollar amounts, if
there is no number typed before or after the decimal point, could MT be made
to assume zero's?

    Next idea.  There is the option in the account properties to enter a
minumum balance.  Could this be expanded to "hide" the given dollar amount
from the running balance?  I could use this "feature" to "hide" a given
amount each month or whenever, on a temporary basis to set money aside
toward something.  When the desired amount is reached then the user could
"unhide" that amount.

    Is consideration being given towards expanding the use of the category
summaries?  Both for print out purpuses and for using the data in a budget
comes to mind.

*---*  *---*  *---*  *---*  *---*
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. . as you grow older, it will avoid
you.
 --Winston Churchill
Robert & Dreamer Doll (Guide Dawggie)
Newport, Oregon
N24C 3G 8/2000 Hookup
rclark0276@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://webpages.charter.net/dog_guide/

Electronic Mail is not secure, may not be read every day, and should not be
used for urgent or sensitive issues.