[moneytalks] MT searches

  • From: "Robert Clark" <rclark0276@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Money Talks" <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 13:51:09 -0700

While trying to find an error (still ongoing), I am using CTRL-F3 to search specific groups. For the most part, this works. It does not however, work on checks. Can this be fixed?

Also, I would like a way to bring up only positive OR negative dollar amounts. While searching for my error, I discovered that some items were mistakenly set as deposits when they should have been debits. Easy to do with the first two letters being 'de'. I dont know if there is a practical way to put in error checking for this kind of data input.

I know I could use Find to search for plus or minus values but I would rather use the CTRL-F3 feature for this.

Also, and I hope this will make sense, in trying to run down the error (its a good size error), I would like to see a way to make use of the CTRL-F3 function along with the restrictions without having to start over with a new set of criteria. For example, set a date range, then stay in that range while using different criteria to search data. Maybe a double Escape to end the task?

I dont use the qif file to reconcile as its easy enough to go online and do it. Am going to try it today tho and see if I can find the error within the last 90 days.

If We See Smoke We Will Assume You Are On Fire and Take Appropriate Action.
--sign in a non-smoking area
Robert & Dreamer Doll  ke7nwn
Newport, Oregon
N24C 8/2000 Hookup