[moneytalks] Re: 2008 start

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:26:50 -0500

Nancy:

There is no way to get the bank's running balance in the balance column when
using the restricted view. When restricting, the balance is the running balance
of the transactions in the view. So, if you are looking at a restricted view,
the account starting balance is ignored, and the balance at the top of the view
before accounting for the first transaction is 0.00.

This may seem odd at first, but it allows you to see the net of all tranactions
of a specific type or types. For example, I can quickly see how much I spent on
food in the last 4 years, or how much I took out of the ATM this month.

The category summary only works if your transactions contain category info.
There is also a box which controls whether or not cleared transactions are
included in category summaries. You might have better luck with the
Credit/Debit summary.

Rob

>>> nstevens@xxxxxxxxxx 12/20/07 12:55PM >>>
Now can anyone tell me how to use the restrict by date, and still have the
bank balance appear.

Also I'm still having trouble using the category summary with all accounts
accept the personal account.

Maybe all of you who use jaws know this command but I just learned that if I
type the letter c on an internet page I can more quickly find the accounts
information. It works to.

Thanks for all the help.

Nancy

  _____