help line at 58181, option 1 if you need immediate assistance.
Thanks
Amanda

>>> Stan Taber <staber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 07/20/10 13:01 >>>

When you open the ports, you will only be opening them to CIC / IC
networks.  They will not be open to the rest of the world.

-----Original Message-----
From: moinfinitecampus-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:moinfinitecampus-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Amanda Moore
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 12:47 PM
To: moinfinitecampus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Gary Hurd
Subject: [moinfinitecampus] Re: firewall question (OOTO)

I will be out of the office the rest of the day 07/15 - 07/19. Please call
the help line at 58181, option 1 if you need immediate assistance.
Thanks
Amanda

>>> "Gary Hurd" <Garyh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 07/20/10 12:46 >>>

I have a firewall concern and would like to get some feedback from you.

CIC / IC is requesting/requiring that they have unrestricted open access
to a number of ports on our firewall for connectivity to all Infinite
Campus equipment.  We are somewhat reluctant to do so, for good reason and
I have been asked to contact MOIC to see what you have done regarding this
and if you have had any issues.  Our main concern of course is security of
having ports open that 'network sniffers' can easily access and personnel
data could be compromised.

Thank you
Gary Hurd
database analyst
Hickman Mills C-1 Schools
(816)316-7203
garyh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NOTICE:  Any information contained in or attached to this message is
intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).  Any review,
retransmission, dissemination of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this communication by persons other than the intended recipient(s)
is prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from all computers.