[moinfinitecampus] MS schedules

Our MS has proposed a strange schedule next year with differing length classes
throughout the day and differing for 6th, 7th or 8th.  They might have a 45
minute class and a 60 minute class which start at the same time, but obviously
are differing in length.  I'm struggling with how to lay out the periods.  I
considered adding individual Schedule Structures for each grade level, but even
with that I'll have this differing class length issue to deal with.  At this
point I've broken the day into 6 equal length blocks of time, but that won't
necessarily jive with when a class starts or ends.  I'm concerned that
attendance calculations will be off if I do this.

They are switching from a "normal" 4 period A/B schedule to a schedule with
math and comm. Arts every day and science and SS on a rotating A/B schedule.
Just to complicate things, they share teachers with other schools, so must stay
on the A/B schedule.

Any thoughts or examples of schedules which deal with simultaneous differing
length courses would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Sue Roy
District Data Coordinator/
Secondary Technology Facilitator
Brentwood School District