[modeleng] Re: stationary engines

  • From: "Len Smith" <parnobal2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:22:33 -0000

haha...I did!...totally left handed admittedly whilst my right was in bandages,
but I reduced an existing faceplate that the previous owner had used for
woodturning, and spigoted it for my TOS chuck that I'd used on the smaller
lathe. Dunno whether my rocker post is in poor order or what, but it seems to
flex to a degree, and unless the tool is a good fit in the slot, it seems
difficult to retain its position with the single screw clamp. The base that
fits into the T slot seems to be very light for the work it has to do, it's not
much more than 3/16ths thick. I had to coarse shim tools to the right height
anyway, (by that I mean blocks, not normal shims) so I couldn't see any
advantage over a multiple.
Len