[modeleng] Re: resistance wire

  • From: Roger <roger.g3tdm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Model Engineering List - Latest <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:31:05 +0000

Hi,

    I have been away for a few days and this posting is something of a
trial to see if my cancellation of my "vacation" status has worked.

    I see from the archives that Stan asked:

>Does anyone know where I can get hold of 14 SWG.  Cr/Fe/Al.  resistance wire,
>to repair my 'burn out' furnace for lost wax casting.

    I was very pleased with the service I got from "Greenweld"
recently.   I wanted some resistance wire,  but in a much thinner gauge
than they held - so they got me a reel in special - like.   So,  Stan,
give a Google for them and see what they can do.

       Cheers,

          Roger Mason,  in St. Agnes,  where it is overcast and miserable.