[modeleng] Re: request for info on book.

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 06:21:03 -0500

Patrick me lad,

"Machinery's Handbook" is a wealth of information on any sort of thing a
machinist needs to know and I highly recommend it, but that 60 GBP sounds a
bit steep when converted into 'Murrican money.  I think I paid 15 $US for
mine back in the 1950s and I didn't know they were that expensive now.  The
information in the older books is still viable and I seriously doubt that
much has been added or changed so if I were you I would see what I could get
a used version for.  Ebay or Amazon.com perhaps?  There is a wealth of
information in the book that you will never need, but it is there if you
need it.  I had to take my copy to the local hardware store because the
bloke who owned it kept saying that a #6 screw was 1/8".  I had told him
that a #5 was correctly a 1/8" , but it took the book to prove it.

Jesse in Tennessee